Missing Persons Policy
Each student who lives in on-campus student housing, regardless of age, has the option to identify an individual(s) that the Meridian 社区 College can contact no later than 24 hours after the time the student is determined missing according to the school’s official notification 过程.
Each on-campus housing student will be given a Confidential Contact Information sheet in which they can register one or more persons with the Director of Residence Life and 住房 in the event the student is determined missing for more than 24 hours. This contact information is confidential and will only be accessible by authorized campus officials and may only be disclosed to law enforcement personnel.
Meridian 社区 College will notify the parent or guardian of any student under 18 years of age (who is not emancipated) no later than 24 hours after the time the student is determined to be missing according to the college’s official notification 过程.
Meridian 社区 College will initiate the emergency contact 过程 that the student designates if 校园警察 or law enforcement personnel have been notified and determine that the student has been missing for more than 24 hours and has not 回到校园.
All concerns regarding a possible missing person (student, faculty, or staff) should be immediately directed to the 校园警察 Office. Upon receipt of a missing person report, the 校园警察 will initiate a priority investigation. 一个调查 officer will meet with the individual(s) making such a report and will gather the following information:
- Essential information about the missing person -‐-‐-‐ description, clothes last worn, possible location including last known destination, individuals the missing person might be with, known associates, and vehicle description. A recent photograph will also be secured.
- The investigating officer will also gather information about the physical and mental well being of the missing person. A current class schedule, class attendance information, job information and work schedule or residence hall information sheet (if applicable) 将获得.
- Based upon information gathered in steps one and two, appropriate campus staff will be contacted and either questioned or notified regarding the missing persons’ status.
- If after the completion of steps one through three it appears that the person is actually missing, parents or an emergency contact person will be notified by the Dean or Associate Dean of Student Services or the Chief of 校园警察. The College will also notify local law enforcement within 24 hours.
- After consultation with the family of the missing person, the 校园警察 will issue a regional welfare alert for the missing person through the National Crime Information Center. Further investigatory measures will be taken or additional notifications made based upon the circumstances of the individual case.
- The Dean or Associate Dean of Student Services and/or the Chief of 校园警察 will keep family apprised of the status of the investigation.
Revised 08/2016; Bd. 从新加坡. 08/16/16